In this blog, I focus a lot on the comfort that families can get from the Bible. Today I want to highlight some Bible verses that we can share with those who are serving in the military.
These are some of my favorites to include in letters and emails when I’m writing to someone on deployment. I often print a scripture out on a small card so they can easily be carried in a pocket.
10 Favorite Bible Verses to Comfort Those Serving in the Military
1) Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9, NIV)
2) When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me? (Psalm 56:3-4, NASB)
3) For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39, NASB)
4) We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. Let Your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in You alone. (Psalm 33:20-22, NLT)
5) I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:12-13, NIV)
6) The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the One who saves me from violence. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and He saved me from my enemies.” (2 Samuel 22:2-4, NLT)
7) Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. (Ephesians 6:11, NASB)
8) So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. (Deuteronomy 31:6, NLT)
9) And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8, NIV)
10) It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear. (Isaiah 65:24, NASB)