Those of us who have had a loved one in the military tend to look at life a wee bit differently than the rest of the world. Today I thought I’d share a glimpse at that perspective with a (tongue-in-cheek) list for those who love a soldier, either as a spouse, parent, child or sibling.
- You know exactly how much you can stuff in a Flat Rate Box.
- You know how to fill out the post office forms necessary to send that box.
- Your prayer life has grown since your loved one enlisted.
- Passing a man or woman in uniform always brings a tear of gratitude to your eye.
- You know what it means when the incoming number on your phone doesn’t have the right number of digits.
- You cry over an email that doesn’t say anything but “Hi, I’m fine. Love you!”
- You refer to everyone not in the military as a civilian.
- You have a love/hate relationship with the mailman.
- You roll your eyes when you hear someone say, “I haven’t seen _______ in over a week.”
- You can rattle off military time without hesitation.
And a bonus…
- Your daily prayer list contains the names of soldiers you only know because you’ve met their friends and family somewhere in a line.
These are the things that made my list. How about your list? What things would you like to add? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section below.