These muffins are wonderful breakfast treats. The blueberries, full of antioxidants and low in fat, make these great for anyone with diabetes.
|2 c. all-purpose flour||⅔ c. sugar|
|1 Tbsp. baking powder||½ tsp. baking soda|
|¼ tsp. salt||¼ c. vegetable oil|
|1 egg||1 c. 1 percent milk|
|½ Tbsp. vanilla||1 ½ Tbsp. almond extract|
|1 c. fresh blueberries|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well blended.
3. In another bowl combine oil, egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract until well blended.
4. Pour liquid mixture into middle of flour mixture and stir until not quite all combined.
5. Add blueberries and gently finish combining. Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 18 minutes.