For my family, Easter is a big celebration. The house fills with relatives. Who wants to be stuck in the kitchen? I have to catch up with everyone, hear the news, share the jokes! That’s why I keep the dishes for our Easter feast simple, with minimal prep and cooking time.
|Fully cooked ham, 7 ½-9 lbs.||1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard|
|½ c. brown sugar||4 canned pineapple rings|
|½ c. maple syrup|
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Place ham facedown in roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1½ hours.
3. In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, maple syrup and mustard. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook until reduced slightly (about 2 minutes).
4. Brush the baked ham with the glaze, then top with pineapple rings, securing them with toothpicks.
5. Return the ham to the oven and bake uncovered until heated through (about 25 to 30 minutes). Slice into portions.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 420; Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 185mg; Sodium: 3640mg; Total Carbohydrates: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 18g; Protein: 61g.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.